Events for the new Calypso website

Frank|SDS

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Hi everyone,
Here's the idea. We want to promote in-world events on the new Calypso website, and not just the big ones like WoF and Miss Calypso, which will get good advertising on the Home page, but also the smaller ones which we will try to gather in a general events section.

So I'm thinking every week, one of our guides can come into this section of the forum and see whats coming up in the following two weeks. If the events are entered in an easy format (see below) he can easily transfer them to our website, and newcomers to the website can see that there's a whole lot of entertainment going on inside.

I was thinking of a simple format like this:

Event Name:
Date:
Time:
Organizer:
Link to more information: (if any)

What do you think?

Thats a great idea :wtg:

Man, you're gonna hate me....

...many events on way:)

Hurrikane

if you've got any feedback about the format, let us know. The basic idea is that the guide can easily get the information over to the website reasonably quick.

good idea.

The format is ok.

How about a possibility to attach a banner or a graphical representation? Or is that TO much? :)

Regards,
BB

First off this is a great idea.

But its only the second step in what you should do.

Let me tell you what is my opinion of the first step you should do if not already done:
Read your ingame event system and display all events on the site.
Have this in either a calendar or a table view format and sort it by date by default.

Enable the user to sort by Date, Land area, Creator, Prizes, Event-Type and let the user filter by event options either set or unset.
Make that site in any dynamic web development language able to read and understand your event DB and make it use either the same classes as EU uses to access the event system or write the reading mechanism so dynamically that it will automagically understand new event options and types.

If you have a decent web developer you can have a page that needs zero maintenance and always will show the ingame events nicely.
I would offer to code it, but sorry I want to keep playing EU ;)

I think it's a good idea!
Can't believe you forgot to mention Champions League, thou :D
Perfect will be to have that info also available ingame, but let's do one thing at the time !

A great idea... knowing there is more to do besides use EU as a glorifed chat room is key. Also, some events are harder than others... I hope this is taken in consideration as people are typing in the description. By that I mean, mention a recommended skill level for example.

Have this in either a calendar or a table view format and sort it by date by default.
It´s the ideal solution for me.

Wouldn't be too hard to make a simple form with those fields you want, send that form into a queue (for administration in case of bad entries), and someone just weekly to go through that list of sent events and accept valid entrie with just 1 click and be done with it, no need for him/her to copy/paste and/or write stuff from text-based entries.

+ that way it's rather easy for you to write them into a DB and get search/sort function into it.

I can do that for you in an hour, just give me the access to ALL of your servers ;)

please post the site adress when it becomes available

Nice.

I gave this a go during the latter half of last year, here. Haven't updated it for a few weeks, but quite a number of the regular events on it will still be running.

It'd be great to have a place where events are regularly listed, so I look forward to this getting up and running.

And continuing from Pirx's post, it'd be great to have a central in-game event terminal which feeds all the events currently available using the in-game system into one terminal. Then if we're in-game and fancy doing an event we can just look at the terminal and see if there's something on, maybe register for it without having to go to the LA claim marker, etc.

sure would be a good idea...

Sounds good, you can rely on me to provide some info :)

While not a great participant in events....

As others have already said (so I can only re-state/re-inforce their views):
There is an in-EU event system already, so it should be possible to show these events automatically.

The events that are shown in a "user submitted" form are the ones such as "post your glowbals on my LA, and one randomly selected winner gets 500 peds" type events that run "informally" and outside of the formal "ticket holder only" events.

However it turns out to be implemented, can only be a good thing to do.

I think it's a good idea!
Can't believe you forgot to mention Champions League, thou :D
Perfect will be to have that info also available ingame, but let's do one thing at the time !

I agree :D

I do suspect it has something to do with not favorising any pay to play events

When it comes to event, maybe you should state if you want (or if you don't want) the kinds of event that requires screenshots to participate.

That is, events like "Hunt in land area ZZ for a month and take a screenshot of your globals. Don't forget to make sure date and coordinates (press C and P) is included in your screenshot". Or "hunt in the following 4 land areas during an hour. Don't forget to submit a screenshot containing...".

Many events are of that kind.

Also, I guess in an overview it would be good with the type of event and the winning rule (if applicable), for instance "tp-run" or "hunting, most loot wins" and the cost.

Hi everyone,
Here's the idea. We want to promote in-world events on the new Calypso website, and not just the big ones like WoF and Miss Calypso, which will get good advertising on the Home page, but also the smaller ones which we will try to gather in a general events section.

So I'm thinking every week, one of our guides can come into this section of the forum and see whats coming up in the following two weeks. If the events are entered in an easy format (see below) he can easily transfer them to our website, and newcomers to the website can see that there's a whole lot of entertainment going on inside.

Event Name:
Date:
Time:
Organizer:

What do you think?

hello!
I believe every step to make better or help the events in any way posible ..is always a good step.If i may ...i will write some ideeas specialy for to help all events.....and i hope Mr.Frank to read this:

1.The tax for making an event(i think is 100ped)..to not be anymore present

2.For each event with more then 20 people present for ex....100peds or so..add to prizes from MA

3.restart the land or the contest place..before the event.(this is very very important becouse of predamage)

4.Damage surplus made by another player on same mob to not be anymore posible if the event is only for individuals alone(not for teams)...to encourage the chip in (i believe this is extremly important for the hole economy of the game)

5.maybe one event on each land per month with ...lets say 150peds first prize..and 50 second prize...whitout tax for the land owner(to not win from this...to win only from publicity made by the event)....These events will be like 40 events each month ...whit 40x200peds=8000peds expenses from MA...or maybe even 100peds first prize only(4k expenses each month)....And a schedule with all these events put on events section on ef...or where you want.

p.s.i was in many events....you can check my reputation ingame...and i saw these things...and many many people...just dont come to events and ofc are discuraged becouse of these things.I think some things for these times of crisis can be made:)...at least one or two....

please just read this carefully:)....Ty vm for your attention!

..i apoligize if i sad something wrong..or write wrong

Weekly HU Event Crew Calendar

Will post Weekly HU Events in requested format here :) Give me a sec :laugh:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Name: Ambulimania
Date: Every Thursday
Time: 19:00 MA time
Organizer: HU Event Crew

Description:
Tickets: 50 tickets available at Landmarker (13200, 11220)
Costs: 6 ped
Prizes: First 150 ped, second 75 ped, third Free haircut by Daina Gluepot

Rules: Total loot wins, no PvP, 1 hour

Link to more information: http://www.entropia-events.com
Event Name: Longumania
Date: Every Friday
Time: 19:00 MA time

Description:
Tickets: 50 tickets available at Landmarker (19000, 3750)

Event Name: Argomania
Date: Every Friday
Time: 21:00 MA time

Description:
Tickets: 50 tickets available at Landmarker (12300, 38900)

Event Name: Daikiba Domination
Date: Every Saturday
Time: 20:00 MA time

Description:
Tickets: 50 tickets available at Landmarker (23000, 18000)
Costs: 10 ped
Prizes: First 200 ped, second 75 ped, third 25 ped

Event Name: Atroxmania
Date: Every Saturday
Time: 22:00 MA time

Description:
Tickets: 50 tickets available at Landmarker (12300, 4000)
Costs: 15 ped
Prizes: First 300 ped, second 50 ped

Event Name: HU Opalo HunterZ
Date: Every Sunday
Time: 14:00 MA time
Formicacidas NE of Wolverine (18500, 10550) | even week number
Neconus SE of Palms (23300, 19800) | odd week number

Description:

Tickets: Free
Rules: This is a 2 hours Team hunt (max 12 person in one team, we make as many teams as needed), "Dmg Stack Share" rule with Opalo+a101 or equivalent (CB5, tt short blade, tt powerfist etc.) Armor and fap optional.

Looted items that are worth selling, are shared to team, i buy those (or some team member) ~market price and split to team during hunt.

Prize: Any global we get

Event Name: Armaxmania
Date: Every Sunday
Time: 20:00 MA time

Description:
Tickets: 30 tickets available at Landmarker (14800, 22500)
Costs: 15 ped
Prizes: First 300 ped, second 50 ped (2nd prize comes available when 10+ participants)

HU Event Crew keeps right to change info listed here :)

Frank, can you please edit your post that you have HU Event Crew info here... so i dont have to repeat my self to everyone that sees your request :laugh:

And Forgive me, http://www.entropia-events.com wasnt just ready yet :ahh: But will keep on working on it...

P.S. I can be hired as MA event promoter/cordinator :) Do have skills for it, lol

Last edited:
Maybe show PvP Enable/Disable for LA-events too?

Nice.

I gave this a go during the latter half of last year, here. Haven't updated it for a few weeks, but quite a number of the regular events on it will still be running.

It'd be great to have a place where events are regularly listed, so I look forward to this getting up and running.

And continuing from Pirx's post, it'd be great to have a central in-game event terminal which feeds all the events currently available using the in-game system into one terminal. Then if we're in-game and fancy doing an event we can just look at the terminal and see if there's something on, maybe register for it without having to go to the LA claim marker, etc.

An information terminal in game where you can see all events and join up to any event would be really nice. Many LA events loose customers because they can't be bothered running to the LA joining then running back (including me)...

Frank your suggestion is good and would definately promote EU. The format you gave is also nice and simple if everyone can stick to that format it would be nice.

Hi everyone,
Here's the idea. We want to promote in-world events on the new Calypso website, ...

Event Name:
Date:
Time:
Organizer:

What do you think?

Nice simple layout. I like it. :)

...Read your ingame event system and display all events on the site.
Have this in either a calendar or a table view format and sort it by date by default....

I completely agree. This blending of ingame and outgame is a great thing that FPC should try hard to work toward. There is much information (I.E. upcoming events) that can and should be viewable on a webpage.

Also a good thing. Make the events easier to enter.

However, having said all this for the ingame events, the system must also allow inclusion (from a webpage form perhaps) of non-typical events, such as WoF, or *cough* my crafting events. :ahh:

But I'd be willing to see things done in stages. The listing of all possible events on a daily basis is a great start. :)

I say "daily" for a simple reason: Say you do a weekly update every Monday. Then every event on that day is only listed for a few hours, when perhaps it was made last Tuesday.

Yes, it's more work. I understand.

I think its a brilliant idea, + rep for all the new public relations stuff thats happening. i personally this this is the way forward, and this thing about the events is very good, lets out sideders see the creativity.

Im happy that player arranged events get more attention since this is one field where the player base have been really innovative and active. Its also something that I care about a lot, when ingame, on forums and even when I describe Entropia to non-entropians. Of that reason I wish that you wont missinterpet the rest of my post as criticism directed towards you personally Frank. Im neither a person that generally talk bad about Mindarks decicions even if they personally might affect me in a negative way.

The ingame possibilities to create events outside the ingame event system are great imo and with lots of interesting ideas popping up almost every day, but when it comes to the ingame eventsystem. Needles to say my criticism is directed towards the ingame event system and in this post I will focus on one thing only.

Fix the :grumble:score board, as it now it brings as much frustration as it brings information. The information is already in the system even, everyone can see their own position when the event is ongoing, it also show top 3 for everyone, but the position information is restricted to showing the winner when event is finished.

I know this frustrate most of the players active in ingame event, I have discussed the matter with close to hundred people probably, and lifted it again and again. I talked to some monitor as well when they where investigating CND a year ago or something, friends have raised the question at entropia conventions, support, asked others to send support etc, etc.

This thread just happend to trigger my anger piled up for over a year now, and the reason for it is how priorities regarding event system are made. It just seems nuts dedicating time and resources to a, actually very nice project promoting ingame events, when ingame event systems are being restricted to a fragment of its potential

good move fpc / ma for putting this on the official website. puts more exposure on what there is to do in the game without depending on ef or word of mouth.

I like the idea behind it, but as previously mentioned I would much prefer an in game terminal, with all events posted. If you want to follow this up with an external site, then even better.

Good idea!

I hope FPC will keep updating the website with new events and that updates won't takes months ;)

And as some said, ingame terminals with event news would rock, would be even nice :)

First off this is a great idea.

But its only the second step in what you should do.

Let me tell you what is my opinion of the first step you should do if not already done:

Enable the user to sort by Date, Land area, Creator, Prizes, Event-Type and let the user filter by event options either set or unset.
Make that site in any dynamic web development language able to read and understand your event DB and make it use either the same classes as EU uses to access the event system or write the reading mechanism so dynamically that it will automagically understand new event options and types.

If you have a decent web developer you can have a page that needs zero maintenance and always will show the ingame events nicely.
I would offer to code it, but sorry I want to keep playing EU ;)

I thought of the same thing when I read Frank's post :laugh:
Could make a really cool flash based interface. But PHP might be more compatible with browsing on phones ipods etc..

would be awesome to be able to see everything on my Ipod touch :)

Maybe there could be a ad screen on the website that would work like the ones in game but for only user events?

Back