*Petition* to remove Proterons from the game!

Remove proteron?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 96 33.8%
  • Make it a year migration

Votes: 52 18.3%
  • I dont care!, gimme chocolate.

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Make Proteron Alot Harder

Votes: 38 13.4%

• Total voters

CycoKick

Marauder
Society
Exiles Hideout
Cyco Kick Maniac
Will most likely be the first and last petition/poll u guys will ever see from me.

Let me elaborate a little but on the reasons behind me wanting those proterons removed.

This abomination of a mob just manages to upset the ENTIRE hunting economy and loot distribution balance that its just not funny anymore.
The fact these ammounts of ATH's drop within days from a mob that everyone is able to camp with apis and gremlim is just a joke.

They are much to easy compared to similar mobs out there and it takes away all the challenges available in hunting by just having a 3 dollar slot machine out there with high jackpots.

This mob is a slap in the face to Landowners, and the Decreased spawn MA promised has been done, but somehow the loots are up? That seems to strike me as a very odd phenomonen. There is no reason to hunt big mob anywhere else, as they do more decay, drop shittier items, and definately wont ath every 2-10 days. To get a move on in Entropia in therefor suggest that since the winter is over in whatever godforsaken island or crowd they came from, that they Pack up their blue asses and leave. Just to return once in a while like the eomon! Or as vargen wisely said make the prots ALOT harder.

I got to admit proteron is one of the few mobs i manage to profit on quite regulary, But I rather wish I did not as I slowly see part of the hunting game go down the drain and it saddens me.

Last edited:
Take them away or make them alot harder!

I suspect the nerf you crave will happen shortly after a heated frenzy of a bidding war for Prot DNA and the DNA is installed on an LA.

Once that happens MA will crank back the loot lever and they will drop significantly down the pay out ranks.

I suspect the nerf you crave will happen shortly after a heated frenzy of a bidding war for Prot DNA and the DNA is installed on an LA.

Once that happens MA will crank back the loot lever and they will drop significantly down the pay out ranks.

And watch the DNA get looted by a miner ;)

Without Prot all we would get are daily 7-10k Argo or small Drone and a 20k baby Trox every other day.
Loot distribution has to change in general not only on one mob.

proteron =cheap (L) weapons

You have to realize the money MA makes off the mob: same mob ATH over and over and over clearly shows that is what you have to kill to get cash.

Every nubb out there will chip in (or not chip in), buy a BIG-ol GUN+EON and a gazillion # of ammo and go try to win the ATH: no skill = an equally gazillion amount of decay and Marco + fpc just laughs and laughs.

They should do what they did with spiders, the regular spawn should be big mobs that can only be handle with a good team and then put dna in one of the landgrab areas so that we can get small ones for 6 month but they'll be taxed by the owning soc (that will be something to fight over ;))

I 100% agree with Cyco here.... The guy is speaking sense !

A big thing for me is the way they have changed the hunting statistics for CP.
Everyone knows that any investment in EU is a gamble but look the the tracker stats for Aurli and Kreltins since the Prots were introduced. I appreciate Prots were added before the sale of CP but I still think that the timing of the sale of CP, and the coincidence of the frequent Prot ATH's show a distinct lack of loyalty towards what is the lagest FPC investment. That can only be damaging for the game when the media get hold of it... and it will!

I'm sure that Buzz bought CP with his eyes open and didn't expect any preferential treatment, but it would be nice if the sale of CP was for a steady asset and not for one that would decline a week after the sale

Totally agree that Proteron is a slot machine mob. Though I personally do not really mind such a mob existing as I simply avoid them, I do think it is bad for EU.

It is hard to say what is right and wrong when we don't know how the loot is calculated. Is the loot only a function of the mobs HP? Is it effected by how much attack damage the mob does? Are the avarage loot from a mob lesser if many players hunt them? I don't know, maybe someone do?

In general it should be a good balance between the loot, how much hp the mob have and how much damage it does. It's a big diffrence killing a 2000 hp mob that can do 20 damage or a 2000 hp mob that can do 100 damage.

I'm not sure Cyco my good friend, that the proterons are the problem, but rather MA's loot distribution.

So we have less 20k atrox/ambulimax hofs and less 5-10k fef hofs these days... Doesn`t matter that much if you ask me.

Although i have to agree that it affects CP heavily... CP used to be skilling location because you can just shoot non-stop. If there aren`t too many ppl hunting proterons at the time, you are practicly shooting non-stop as well. So why bother hunting @ CP where you have to pay tax (around 4% i assume), have to pay travel costs on regular basis because of the seperated auctions.

why remouve them ?
They are perfect exemple that player do not want a good average TT back,they agree to lose tons of money in the hope to get jackpot...

You dont like them , just dont hunt them...

Personally i dont like proteron , they are most boring things to hunt ever and for me they dont give any loot...

If i where FPC , i would make even bigger mobs with more hp , that do less domage ,and that loot even less , to see if people go camp them...

Also , i would be happy to have list of those that hunt proteron and that come to whine for their bad loot and bad ROI on hunting...

AND WHERE IS THE OPTION / LET PROTERON EXACTLY HOW IT IS ?

Loot distribution has to change in general not only on one mob.

I'm not sure Cyco my good friend, that the proterons are the problem, but rather MA's loot distribution.

100% agree. it's the loot system what needs a revamp.

people don't hunt proteron because they give ATH every few days. it's the other way around: proteron give ATH every few days because they are hunted like crazy. aurli used to give ATH every few days too. where are those ATHs now?

if you remove proteron, you still have leviathan, which are even easier (although the spawn is thinner).

I voted to make them a year migration...

Not sure how this works, but it seems to me that when there's a specific mob that is the most hunted by the majority of the hunters consistently, all the others mobs loots are affected to the worst... Kind of hard to balance anything, if mobs loot pools are indeed independent.

So sure, I would love to see players spread out amongst their mobs of choice, according to their level/preferences, and thus spreading the loot in a more balanced way, instead of seeing everyone going for the same trying to hit that jackpot...

And yea, that would probably mean that I would have never gotten the loot I did, but it would also mean that I could probably survive better on my solo adventures (wich is most of the time).

people don't hunt proteron because they give ATH every few days. it's the other way around: proteron give ATH every few days because they are hunted like crazy. aurli used to give ATH every few days too. where are those ATHs now?

Thats still the question...
Does people hunt what loot good , or things loot good because people hunt them ?

Do you think thousand of player camp something that never give good loot ?
Or do you think everything can give good loot as long as enought player hunt them ?

I agree, Remove or Make Harder...

Read the Title...

Seoul

*MODERATOR* PLEASE ADD ANOTHER OPTION TO THE POLL SAYING MAKE THE PROTERON ALOT HARDER*

Will most likely be the first and last petition/poll u guys will ever see from me.

Let me elaborate a little but on the reasons behind me wanting those proterons removed.

This abomination of a mob just manages to upset the ENTIRE hunting economy and loot distribution balance that its just not funny anymore.
The fact these ammounts of ATH's drop within days from a mob that everyone is able to camp with apis and gremlim is just a joke.

They are much to easy compared to similar mobs out there and it takes away all the challenges available in hunting by just having a 3 dollar slot machine out there with high jackpots.

This mob is a slap in the face to Landowners, and the Decreased spawn MA promised has been done, but somehow the loots are up? That seems to strike me as a very odd phenomonen. There is no reason to hunt big mob anywhere else, as they do more decay, drop shittier items, and definately wont ath every 2-10 days. To get a move on in Entropia in therefor suggest that since the winter is over in whatever godforsaken island or crowd they came from, that they Pack up their blue asses and leave. Just to return once in a while like the eomon! Or as vargen wisely said make the prots ALOT harder.

I got to admit proteron is one of the few mobs i manage to profit on quite regulary, But I rather wish I did not as I slowly see part of the hunting game go down the drain and it saddens me.

if almost everyone in game hunted exos for a few months they would be droping out regular large hoffs too.

i have to agree. i find "hunting" Proterons incredibly dull (its not hunting its just auto-shooting at a purple wall) and since the time of their introduction i've been playing less and less as loot returns have dropped to unsustanible levels. I often put that down to a unbalanced loot to incorporate tier components and ammo readjustment, but the massive focus on proteron is probably another factor.

just when i find i mob i enjoy hunting ;(

let them stay, and make a thread about removing gibnibs because they have the no loot messages to often ;)

Don't care, gimme chocolate. Lost a couple of k ped trying to get a global out of prots. Gave up. Don't hunt them any more.

Doesn't bother me if other people do.

it would be bad to the calypsian ecosystem if the proterons gone extinct :( . Why not we protect them and the only way to cause extinction to them is by killing them all with (L) guns :dunno:

(somebody had to these protective comments :D )

I love proteron actually. I am not that skilled as the rest of you, and for me it;s quite a challenge to stay alive and kill them. I can only take the young and the mature, because the old is already too big for me. ( or it's because I hate anything that has an [L] label)

What should someone with gremlin and an apis hunt? Snables?

Finding it difficult to vote here i want, Make it a year migration, Make Proteron A lot Harder, I don't care!, gimme chocolate.

there is a simple reason for them to ath so often. They are hunted a LOT and they cost a shitload to kill so a lot of peds get spent on them thus they build up their ath's fast and the massive hp helps aswell .

You missed an important point cyco!

Prots are hunted like insane atm, because everybody wants to be the first to drop that DNA Parts MA promised to be available soon.

Any other mob that will be hunted in that style will drop as mauch very big loots, as the Prots actually do.

Get 10-20 teams, with 5-10 people hunting all the day 24/7 Dasp at CND, and you will see the same thing!

Back