PCF Rules Discussion Thread

Status
Have to say I am shocked of the number of people that tolerate people charging for something many many people offer for free. Inside and outside of eta.

Watch this space....

Srry but i need to response to this. Like all free markets ppl can make their own services either paid or free. In the end the newbies will choice what he takes. maybe he finds the paid version better or then he tries the free one and think WTF. As to the deleted post I agree with the mods it is no okay to hijack any thread. For example take a FAP service thread of an Adj SK-20 Ul service. Is it okay for me to post in that same thread about my Adapted T15 service? No.

It is up to the costumer to decide what he wants.

Oh and before you think i find it okay to charge for taxi services. i dont ... I with Stave with this one to offer it free :)

Srry but i need to response to this. Like all free markets ppl can make their own services either paid or free. In the end the newbies will choice what he takes. maybe he finds the paid version better or then he tries the free one and think WTF. As to the deleted post I agree with the mods it is no okay to hijack any thread. For example take a FAP service thread of an Adj SK-20 Ul service. Is it okay for me to post in that same thread about my Adapted T15 service? No.

Oh and before you think i find it okay to charge for taxi services. i dont ... I with Stave with this one to offer it free :)

I agree with you 100%

Regards,
Ion

Stave, it was was me that deleted your "off-topic" posts in that thread.

So its against the rules to give new players all of the facts?

Absolutely not. You are free to bump your ETA thread and tell everyone of your free service there. You're also free to link to it in your signature. You can even make ads ingame.

What you are not allowed to do, is hijack another person's service thread.

Just like in a sales thread, it would be inappropriate to offer my items for sale in someone else's sales thread, even if my prices are cheaper.

That you offer a cheaper service does not give you the right to be rude. Bump your service thread. Let them bump there's and let the customers decide.

True... BUT... what if the customer does not know about the cheaper (maybe better) alternative yet because the not-cheaper one was bumped to the top and no one posted about alternatives in that thread... Free speech should be free speech, including telling people about alternatives. If some other shop owner wants to post in my shop's thread, I likely won't mind much...

What you are not allowed to do, is hijack another person's service thread.

That you offer a cheaper service does not give you the right to be rude. Bump your service thread. Let them bump there's and let the customers decide.

What we need is in game chat police like we have in forum mods. That way a lot of places won't have so much rudeness. Maybe FPC can make that happen? Can't tell you how many rude resellers I've seen heckling one another, rude idiots using local channel to do trades instead of using trade channel etc... and sending support tickets in about it only gets a response that there's nothing they can do about it because in game communications mimics real world communications... Now that the forums are "official," and the mods got pulled in to that "official" duty so to speak, maybe you can start putting limits on free speech in game too to cut down on the amount of rudeness, off topic chats, etc. If not, because in game experience is to mimic reality, maybe in forum experience can be made similar with less rules policing? Can't have it both ways... but that's the way it is now...

Not everyone is going to know all possible choices. But "free speech" is no excuse for rudeness.

On this forum, for us to allow posts like "don't buy his. I'll sell mine cheaper" in someone's sales/service thread will only lead to problems.

Since you've told us you don't mind this behavior in your threads, I'll allow it there. But not in other sales/service threads unless the OP tells us directly that they don't mind.

What we need is in game chat police like we have in forum mods. That way a lot of places won't have so much rudeness. Maybe FPC can make that happen? Can't tell you how many rude resellers I've seen heckling one another, rude idiots using local channel to do trades instead of using trade channel etc... and sending support tickets in about it only gets a response that there's nothing they can do about it because in game communications mimics real world communications... Now that the forums are "official," and the mods got pulled in to that "official" duty so to speak, maybe you can start putting limits on free speech in game too to cut down on the amount of rudeness, off topic chats, etc. If not, because in game experience is to mimic reality, maybe in forum experience can be made similar with less rules policing? Can't have it both ways... but that's the way it is now...

I see your point, Mastermesh... but to be honest I don't feel chat police is what we need. We need more people to be considerate of others. It is a simple as that. I don't think that will happen because the internet is great equalizer. People will say and do things online they would never consider doing face to face.

What was advertized today was NOT a scam in any way shape or form. Prices were listed and as JC said, it is up to the customer to decide. I think being respectful and treating others in a respectable way will go very far with anyone trying to do business in EU. Hijacking someone's service thread is about the same as going in to a McDonalds and asking the customers if they would like to eat at Burger King.

Forum policing is needed as was illustrated today, but I (we) would have taken the same action 2 months ago before this was PCF. And would take the same action then and now had someone posted similar competive advertizing in Stave's ETA thread or any service / sales thread.

There is free speech, but one cannot scream "FIRE!!!" in a crowded theater either ;) There are limits to that.

Less rules policing would be very welcome to me :laugh: But sadly, even though the rules are basically the same since 2007, we still have problems almost daily.

As far as I am concerned... I am just as official as I was when this was EF (which is not official at all). I can be called "official" when I start getting a paycheck from FPC and my avatar is deleted. I did not get pulled into anything. I was asked to continue doing this for FPC instead of 711. And I volunteered for 711 way back when.

Might just be me but every time I hear someone screaming about "freedom of speech" that same person is allways a person talking derogitary about someone or flaming.

If I call a person a scammer (without any proof) just because I enjoy screwing with the system, is that freedom of speech too?

I agree with the mods on this one. You are free to discuss and argue as long as you are civil, forum anarchy doesn't benifit anyone.

And regarding Staves hijacking of a service thread. I will keep from -rep'ing you for now but I can honestly say that I never recomend ANY service that pushes their service in other threads than their own, regardless. Your posts deserved to be deleated since there was no scam going on, a persons time is also worth money so...consider this a verbal negative rep :mad:

As far as I am concerned... I am just as official as I was when this was EF (which is not official at all). I can be called "official" when I start getting a paycheck from FPC and my avatar is deleted. I did not get pulled into anything. I was asked to continue doing this for FPC instead of 711. And I volunteered for 711 way back when.

Get used to it. With the Guide program ppl called us officials also :D yet we where mere mortal players also with a fancy jacket and some knowledge of the game .

Get used to it. With the Guide program ppl called us officials also :D yet we where mere mortal players also with a fancy jacket and some knowledge of the game .

Don't worry... I am already used to be "not official" ;)

Why was a thread bringing attention to the fact that noone from sds has posted in a month deleted?

Is it a secret or something?

Why was a thread bringing attention to the fact that noone from sds has posted in a month deleted?

Is it a secret or something?

I deleted that thread.

You can consider it an enforcement of rule 2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism and/or 2.9 - Excessive Complaining if you wish.

There were already threads about Hanne's lack of participation and she responded and then closed those. I'm sure she'll be back eventually.

Meanwhile, there are other sources of communication occurring, such as Kim|Mindark over at EF.

Yes, we all want Hanne back, but we simply have to wait.

I dont see it as nessicarrly refferring to hanne, just because someones ill doesnt mean an entire company goes mute. In the past others like marco would poke their head out to make up for such events.

Also, you dont allow that, but you allow people to bitch and whine in circles endlessly for a whole year about other planet partners and their employees?

Not fair rules imo.

it a joke that no one from SDS has posted on their own forum for over a month, whatever the circumstances. its improper to stop valid debate on the issue, which has now taken this thread off topic. if we were allowed to talk about moderators, one might suggest someone needs a week off, since they appear the only one running the show and its getting to them.

Hello,

here is a suggestion for forum rules:

All postings, speculations, discussions, theories about Mindark, Planet Partners and ingame mechanics in any way are always to do with refering to a source where the initial discussed information is obtained or gathered from or are always to do with refering to a date and place and situation it has been figured out.

The source is always to refer to e.g. news articles, wiki page, forums threads, own gathered ingame data, etc.

Some people do that already and that gives specially new players an possibility to make an own impression about the topic which is being discussed or to estimate how serious speculations in term of ingame movements are.

Greets,

Solo

Hello,

here is a suggestion for forum rules:

All postings, speculations, discussions, theories about Mindark, Planet Partners and ingame mechanics in any way are always to do with refering to a source where the initial discussed information is obtained or gathered from or are always to do with refering to a date and place and situation it has been figured out.

The source is always to refer to e.g. news articles, wiki page, forums threads, own gathered ingame data, etc.

Some people do that already and that gives specially new players an possibility to make an own impression about the topic which is being discussed or to estimate how serious speculations in term of ingame movements are.

Works in a practise, but how in a theory.

It's called freedom of speech. If the conversation is appropriate, you just need to tolerate it. As did I, because I think your idea is utter BS. Even Mindark's statements can be outdated, so there's no trustable source.

Last edited:
Works in a practise, but how in a theory.

It's called freedom of speech. If the conversation is appropriate, you just need to tolerate it. As did I, because I think your idea is utter BS. Even Mindark's statements can be outdated, so there's no trustable source.

you have not understood anything from what I've written.

and to tell someone he should tolerate anything just to call his suggestion BS in the next sentence is slightly not the way to go...

if you got any questions ask cause my suggestion has nothing to do with censorship...

Greets,

Solo

5.5 - Trading Thread Abuse
Off-topic posts made in Trading threads are NOT permitted. The only posts permitted in Trading threads are the following:

• Bids
  • Offers
  • Requests to the thread starter for additional information directly related to item or service offered
  • Requests to the thread starter for additional information regarding the auction/bidding/offer procedure
  • Retraction of a Bid or Offer
  • Threadstarter reply to one of the above

Any posts that do not fit one of the above categories will be deleted without notice. If you wish to discuss the market value of an item or service, please create a thread in one of the following forums: Items, Price Check or General Economy Discussion, as appropriate. Any member found to frequently ignore or abuse this rule risks permanently losing all posting privileges in the Trading section.

I feel the tolerance level of this rule is highly biased and/or skewed.

In my humble opinion, another category needs to be added:

• If the buyer/seller willingly starts a discussion, it's fine for anyone else to answer.
Feel free to change the exact wording.

When is this needed? - When OP makes claims that are either in question, clearly wrong or down-right lies. :)

Often you see a seller "season" his post with claims about all sorts of things. For example "this or that performance", "how ever so much efficient", "clearly the best gun of that level of players" or "this item is worth this much because some argument".

And while asking any price you want is fine by me, I don't see why this kind of one-sided view is allowed without question.

Please note how the suggested category only applies if the OP starts the discussion. ie if OP makes a post along the lines of "my item is worth X PED because many have sold for that price", people can argue with it. If anyone but the OP start the in-thread price check (ie "Your item is not worth the asked-for price!") then it falls without the category and is subject to deletion.

Obviously, any discussion should be about the sale/purchase. Don't go starting topics about world peace in a trading topic. :wise:

Better to just start a price-check thread in the appropriate forum to discuss the item being sold, rather than hijacking someone's sales thread.

Better to just start a price-check thread in the appropriate forum to discuss the item being sold, rather than hijacking someone's sales thread.

What she said. However, I'll also cover another part of what you brought up.

When OP makes claims that are either in question, clearly wrong or down-right lies.

Please review the following forum rule as it may apply to this case:
Forum Rules said:
5.6 - Misleading/Inaccurate Sales Threads
Information provided in Trading threads should be kept factual, verifiable and reasonable. This includes information regarding the statistics, qualities or characteristics of an item, past sales, and/or market history. The use of intentionally misleading information or highly debatable, exaggerated or inaccurate claims in Trading threads is NOT permitted, as such claims and comments invite off-topic discussion and violations of Rule 5.5 and will be deleted without notice.

In short, if someone's making false claims, report it and let the mods handle it.

And often the best reaction to a sales thread you disagree with is simple: Don't buy the item.

Is begging on forum ok? cant find rules about it.

begging like in asking others for help or a favor? Doesn't hurt if you ask me

Is begging on forum ok? cant find rules about it.

Is this what you were looking for?
2.10 - Affiliate Links/Solicitation
Advertising real life items or services unrelated to Entropia Universe, the posting of affiliate or referral links, or any other form of solicitation is NOT permitted on PlanetCalypsoForum (this includes member profiles or any other publicly viewable area). If you would like to advertise on PlanetCalypsoForum, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to inquire. Similarly, promotion of or posting links to charities or other services soliciting donations or money is NOT permitted. Any such postings may be deleted without notice.

Is this what you were looking for?

*sigh*... think ya got an answer for everything eh?

Rule 2.10 does NOT apply to someone begging. Well... unless they're BEGGING forum members to come to the McDonalds they own and buy a Big Mac... but I really don't think the person asking the question speaks of solicitation as much as they're asking about begging for PEDs on the forum.

Not to worry.... there are plenty of forum rules that can police this type of activity. For example.

Member A: "Please give me PEDs for free".

Member B: "Shut up you noob!"

Serica: "Ruh Roh! There's a name calling! *Delete Thread* Reason: Insults/Flaming/Personal Disputes/My Dog Died/MH370 went missing/Excessive Sand on the Beach

Menace

*sigh*... think ya got an answer for everything eh?

Rule 2.10 does NOT apply to someone begging. Well... unless they're BEGGING forum members to come to the McDonalds they own and buy a Big Mac... but I really don't think the person asking the question speaks of solicitation as much as they're asking about begging for PEDs on the forum.

Not to worry.... there are plenty of forum rules that can police this type of activity. For example.

Member A: "Please give me PEDs for free".

Member B: "Shut up you noob!"

Serica: "Ruh Roh! There's a name calling! *Delete Thread* Reason: Insults/Flaming/Personal Disputes/My Dog Died/MH370 went missing/Excessive Sand on the Beach

Menace

yeah no direct rule against begging atm. So threads like, i need money IRL so please buy eye oil for overpriced price are not forbidden. Why i ask? Because saw similar thread recently and many posts in it got deleted, but begging was left in it. Fundraising for personal gain is begging imho (Donate peds to me so i can build a bigger house irl etc).

the Forum Staff reserves the right to take any actions deemed appropriate by them in their sole discretion, whether such actions are consistent with the above rules or not, to uphold the Mission of PlanetCalypsoForum

while perusing the rules for educational purposes i came across this phrase and became curious as to what the actual mission of planet calypso forum is. is it to boldly go where no forum has gone before? :p

if more of us understood what the mission was then it would be possible for us to do our part to make it succeed.
something that seems sorely necessary, some of us remember when this was a vibrant, if sometimes rowdy community, one that seems to be reduced to the odd post here and there and a lot of sales threads, and personally i wonder how this came to be.

yeah no direct rule against begging atm. So threads like, i need money IRL so please buy eye oil for overpriced price are not forbidden. Why i ask? Because saw similar thread recently and many posts in it got deleted, but begging was left in it. Fundraising for personal gain is begging imho (Donate peds to me so i can build a bigger house irl etc).

Id say, stop whining about everything and just give the poor guy some money :laugh:

Posting of affiliate links is not permitted on this forum.
If a member wants to advertise, they first need to contact 711 for approval.
Advertising real life items or services unrelated to Entropia Universe, the posting of affiliate or referral links, or any other form of solicitation is NOT permitted on PlanetCalypsoForum (this includes member profiles or any other publicly viewable area). If you would like to advertise on PlanetCalypsoForum, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to inquire. Similarly, promotion of or posting links to charities or other services soliciting donations or money is NOT permitted. Any such postings may be deleted without notice.

Status
Back